Sunday, September 11, 2005

4 Years?

Has it already been that long? geez. So much has happened since that day, life has gone on. I remember hearing about it in class, not long after it happened. Every room turned the tvs on to the news, and we watched, and we were all scared because we lived right next to Ft.Hood. Some of us were afraid maybe the base could be attacked, we were all deeply saddened, and yet it brought us all closer together. I will never forget the images I saw on tv, the heroism of normal people. I was grateful for my family being safe and there with me. My husband (fiance at the time) joined the navy the month after... Many people joined up after to try and make a difference.

I'm just rambling, I know... but I don't want to forget. Those people's lives meant something, and still do. We spent today together as a family, a day at the zoo. And I was grateful that we could. Grateful that we have such a wonderful country, and wonderful people protecting it. Proud to be an American. Lucky to be an American.

Where did our patriotism as a unified country go?

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

It is unfortunate that only tragedy brings us together as a country. I remember exactly what I was doing when the planes hit; I then had to go to work that day, and all we did was watch the news on a training TV. It was the most solemn day of my life. Thank you to all of those heroes. So many of them not here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home