Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Scrappin world left me behind

so... i've been scrapping before scrapbooking was cool.... well, i say that not knowing when it actually became "cool". Ok, let me put it this way... I've been scrapbooking before I knew it was "scrapbooking", since I was about ten.

Anyway, I scrapped up until my senior year of highschool. After that I just didn't have time to do it, working, going to college, life... then I got married, moved to join him in florida, got pregnant, had a wonderful baby... and now I want to start her scrapbook.

After surfing the net and looking at other scrappers' blogs and layout pages, I realized how far behind I am in the scrapping world now. There are some techniques I can't even figure out how they do (I'm sure it's probably really simple, too simple for me to think of) lol... When I went shopping for supplies, I learned from the saleslady that most of the scrapbooking supplies are now leaning toward 12x12 instead of 8x11 (which Tony decided he liked better for Carlee's book)...

So, i decided to just jump back into scrapping... ugh... i've been working on the same page layout for a week now. I've hardly had time to even work on it. I remember scrappin for hours and hours, and now i can barely fit five minutes of work in a day. :( If I ever finish this page i'm working on i'll post a pic of it. i still can't really decide how i want it. Everyone is going so simple these days. Simple lines, hardly any journaling, and if there is some, it's hidden. Alot of people are using 12x12, with one photo... when i started tony's navy scrapbook which is a 12x12, I would use three small pics a page sometimes. that was four years ago that i started that one, and i haven't picked it up in about two... Hopefully, my pages will come out good enough for me.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

I haven't a crafty bone in my body!! Scapbooking is really a neat thing, but my poor Madison will probably only get the baby book we received as a gift with all of her special moments in it. I just hope she didn't get my craft-blocking genes!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger *s* said...

lol... scrapbooking is pretty easy, especially now because they have all sorts of products available. All you really do is decide where you want everything on the page. It really is alot of fun. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home