Friday, June 24, 2005

Petey the Caterpillar

It's Carlee's first pet... well that's what Daddy says... lol. It's really Daddy's little experiment. After taking out the trash the other day, he came inside with a grin on his face. "Look at this," he told me. So, I looked. It was a stick. Wait, with something on it. I got closer. A caterpillar. I smiled.

"What are you going to do with that?" I asked him.

"Keep it," he answered, "It's Carlee's first pet." lol... So, he grabbed the small fish bowl that the mean orange guppy used to live in (he died about a week ago) (RIP Orange Guppy)... He put the caterpillar, leaves, and some shredded paper in the bowl. I just smiled and didn't say anything. I've tried the same thing before once when I found a caterpillar, but mine just died. So I didn't think this one was going to last either. But lo and behold, it's surviving! and it's started to build it's cocoon! I couldn't believe it! I don't know how many days it takes for it to change into a butterfly, but hopefully we'll get to see it happen. It's neat.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

How cool is that!? I tried keeping a caterpillar only to have him die as well. You should take stage pictures...

Hope all is well and that you're getting some sanity-time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home