Saturday, June 04, 2005

Getting to Know Carlee

Wow. Two weeks have passed since little Carlee was born. It's weird how everything about parenthood is completely new and yet so natural at the same time. Our little girl definitely has a personality of her own. We can already tell she's going to be stubborn and hardheaded, lol... she is already especially when it comes to feeding time. She likes to fuss for a while before finally giving in to eat. She's also seems very inquisitive, but then again I would assume that all babies would be. When she's awake she is always wide eyed and looking around at everything. She's also already holding her head up a lot on her own, and she tries to crawl up Daddy when he's holding her. She's so amazing.

A lot of family got to visit last weekend. My grandparents got to be here, my mom, and Tommy (a family friend) all got to meet Carlee. It was so heartwarming to see everyone doting on our little one, and it was just great to have family around for her to meet so early. My mom is still here, and I'm so thankful, she's been so much help. And I'm so glad that she got to be here to spend so much time with Carlee. Tony's mom got to visit us, but had to go back home a few days before Carlee decided to be born :( But we're hoping to be able to visit home this summer some time so that everyone can meet her.

Some things are so weird for me right now... like the concept of time. I know it's only been two weeks, and when I think about it, those two weeks went by fast. But at the same time it feels like a month could of gone by and I wouldn't even of realized it. Sleep is another thing, getting six or fewer hours of sleep doesn't bother me like it used to. I can wake up out of a dead sleep, take care of Carlee, get her back to sleep, and as soon as I hit the bed I'm passed out once again. I can't even remember what it feels like to lay in bed trying to go to sleep, lol... Another thing, I could never understand it when parents would say, "I don't even have time to brush my teeth, or shower..." I would always think, how long does it take to brush your teeth? lol... those first few days before my mom made it here made me understand those statements. I think it was the second day we were home from the hospital and I didn't even realize that I hadn't brushed my teeth until I was laying in bed to go to sleep, and by then I was too exhausted to care. lol...

This has definitely been a learning experience. But it's so worth it. Persistence pays off I guess... Carlee and I are both getting better about feeding times. I'm glad I didn't give up, and that Tony kept encouraging me. That's one of our major milestones... and it's only been two weeks. Carlee has also officially christened us as new parents, we've been peed on, pooped on, and spit up on... already! lol... what's even funnier is that it didn't even bother us. I never imagined I wouldn't be bothered by those things. Anywho... I can't wait to see what other challenges arise, and hopefully we'll do good at those too.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on everything... ITs fun... and gets more.. FUN......ya thats it..FUN.......enjoy the time you have now, she will soon be crawling and then running not to many days in between them two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home