Sunday, June 12, 2005

Departing Flight and Home Made Enchiladas

I took my mom to the airport this morning. She rode in the back with Carlee, like I kind of expected her too... (shoot, I would ride next to Carlee if I wasn't going to see her for a while too. She has that effect on people it seems.) It took a little over thirty minutes going five over the speed limit, I didn't know if we would make it on time. We did. Early even. And she insisted on me dropping her off at the departing flights lane instead of walking in with her. For this I was grateful, even though I would have loved to say longer goodbyes, I knew if I had gone in with her, we would of broke down and bawled as soon as she had to go join her flight area. And then, I would of grabbed her arm and said, "Nevermind, quit your job! Move here." But that thought is so selfish.

Our goodbye lasted only for a minute after she grabbed her suitcase out of the front seat; even it was hesitant in leaving the car. We hugged. I love yous were said. "Take care of that baby..."

"I will," I promised. And in thirty seconds or so, I was back in the car trying to see who was going to let me back out into the driving lanes, and my mom was entering the airport for her departing flight.

The drive home, thankfully, was very quiet as Carlee slept in the backseat unaware of the morning's events. If she had started crying at any point during the drive, I would have started up too... and that wouldn't of been safe now would it? I thought about the past two weeks, and I was sad. Sad that my mom was no longer visiting, she would return to her life, and me to mine.

She asked if she had stayed too long. "Are you kidding?" I asked. "Of course not." She had been so helpful, doing my housework, cooking us dinner, helping with the baby. We might have tried to go get a refund on our little bundle of 'I'm gonna cry just because i know you can't figure out why.' :) but she helped us through the first few weeks, and got to bond with Carlee. And that's what I mostly wanted... I want Carlee to have that same special relationship with her grandma and greatgrandma that I enjoy with mine. That bond seems to run in our family.

So I thought about this on the way home, and then I realized how hungry I was, my thoughts went immediately to the enchiladas that were sitting in the fridge. We had made them last night thanks to my insisting on it... They were soooo good, and I think I finally have how to make them memorized... I guess we'll see next time I try to make them. If not, I'll just ask my mom to help me make them again next time we visit... which hopefully won't be too long from now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home