Monday, May 16, 2005

Waiting and Watching Soaps

I can't wait for Carlee to get here. I know I've said that already, but I seriously am SO ready for her to be here. 1.) to meet her of course 2.) to get back to my comfortable energetic self 3.) I'm looking foward to taking her out, doing family things, getting to know her little personality... the only thing I've been able to do lately is sit around... I feel so lazy! it's frustrating... I did two loads of laundry today and that took up all the day's energy pretty much. :( ugh...

While being a slug today :) I watched my shows... I say my shows, but really they're just the only interesting things on tv... my soaps. Well, I go through phases really. I'll watch them for a while, but then get frustrated with the same ol' same ol' story lines and plots. So and So died two years ago, but MIRACULOUSLY returns from the dead to raise havoc in the lives of the characters that had already moved on.... Who's getting back together with her ex-ex-ex husband... who's son is in jail for what... whatever....

Some of these soap actors/actresses have been on the same show for years and years and years... It makes me wonder if it feels weird to live another fictitious life at the same time they try to live their real life... or maybe the job of acting on a daily soap for years takes up so much time that it, in a way, replaces their real life... does that make sense? And if that does happen, do they even feel like themselves anymore, or do they feel like they have become their character? Hmmm.... I wonder if they feel they've accomplished anything they're whole lives after being on the same show, portraying the same character for so long, besides entertaining or boring (depending on the day) fellow housewives doing (or taking breaks from) their normal day to day chores and such....

Just another one of my wierd little thoughts... Tony's over here laughing at me for thinking on that particular thought so much. lol....

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger *s* said...

that is so true! and you're right, that is kind of sad... hmmm... (pondering this thought some more...)
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home