Thursday, May 12, 2005

TTD (Things to Do)

Everybody is telling me to take it easy now... so all I can do is just lay around watching tv, or get on the computer, so I'd figure I'd write some more...

I was reading through some of my finished journals earlier... I've been keeping journals since about the fourth grade when I got my very first diary. I can't believe I still remember that. Anyway, I have realized before that they are always about pretty much the same things: getting healthy (yes, even in the fourth grade I was already worried about that, sad isn't it?), finding out "who I am," and of course the endless amount of entries about the mundane parts of my life (what I ate for breakfast, or what I watched on tv, etc.)

And I wonder if these three themes are always going to be there for me. I haven't accomplished the "goals" yet... will I ever? My ordinary life entries will of course always be there... lol... And I have actually learned alot about myself over the past few years, but I know deep down there is still plenty left to be discovered. There are so many things I'd love to try, so many ways I want to broaden my horizons still, so many things left to experience. But as a person overall, I think I am comfortable with who I am. I used to want to change my personality, be more outgoing, more social, more fun... but I've come to realize that that's not particularly me. I'm more of an introvert, more quiet, I'm not the type to constantly need something to do with tons of people around me. I've accepted that and actually embrace that, because that's me, that's who I am and it feels good to know that.

On the subject of trying new things, I've made lists before of things I want to do or accomplish... and I have been able to cross some of them off my list. Some things I've crossed off include:
  • paint a picture (which didn't look too good, but hey, I did it)
  • mow the grass (which I did for the first time almost 2 years ago with my sister)
  • learn to defend myself (took a RAD class with my mom and sister)
  • learn yoga (freshman year of college, LOVE it)
  • marry Tony (gladly and excitedly crossed that one off my list)
  • get a tattoo (I now have 2, and I love them, no regrets on those)
  • go to a club (didn't enjoy that too much, not my type of fun I guess)
  • upholster a piece of furniture (that was cool, but hard work!)
  • learn to drive a standard (this was so frustrating, but so worth it to be able to say I can)

I still have so many things I want to do... a few include:

  • be a good mom, and wife (1st on my list)
  • learn Spanish
  • travel (want to see natl parks, historical places, other countries, places of different cultures, etc. collecting caches along the way of course!)
  • go snorkeling (it used to be scuba diving until I saw Open Water)
  • learn to play pool
  • learn to golf
  • learn to play poker
  • learn some type of martial arts
  • go on a hiking/camping/backpacking trip
  • learn to swim better (I could survive for a little bit I s'pose but that's about it)
  • forgive certain people/ let go of certain grudges ( a hard one for me, being a scorpio)
  • get better at photography (which I love) and put a portfolio together
  • go kayaking or canoeing

That's all I can think of right now.... I'm sure there's many more. This entry is quite long now... more later... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home