Friday, May 06, 2005

Mothers' Day Cards... for me?


Me at 32 weeks... (this pic is old, i'm at 37 weeks now... I'll have to add a newer pic later)

It's so weird. I got my first mother's day cards in the mail today. Three actually. One from my dad, stepmom and brother. Another from our grandparents in Pensacola, and another from our grandmother in Illinois. Wow. I never stopped to think about how this holiday would feel on the other side of the card giving.

It was always a day to tell my mom how much I appreciate everything she's ever done for me and my sister. To show how grateful I am for everything she's ever sacrificed, for always supporting my decisions, for always being there for me, for being so giving, selfless, and for always loving us unconditionally. Every year I always try so hard to let her know, to really put into words how I feel, how much gratitude is truly in my heart.... and now with my little Carlee inside me, already depending on me for life, love, and nourishment, I understand.

I already understand that even though my feelings were (and continue to be) genuine, and that it's still nice to express them, I know now that it was never a necessity. I know my mom would have done everything the same whether or not I thanked her. I know that because I already feel that way for Carlee. I would already give the world for her, give my life, my last breath for my baby. I'd do anything to make sure she's safe, loved, fed, clothed, everything my mom made sure was done for me and my sister. And I'm sure I owe that sense of selflessness to my mother also, because had I not experienced that growing up, I'm not sure I would fully understand how to give it when the time came. But I do feel it, already, and I'm a better person for it, and I'm just hoping that I'm even half as good of a mom as my mom is, then I know Carlee will grow up just fine.

Thanks for everything Mom, Happy Mother's Day! (a little early) I love you so much, and just thank you so much for teaching me how mothers should be. I wish everyone could of had a mom like you, and I hope with all my heart and soul that I will be that for Carlee.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Wiping tears) Thank you, Baby. I am SO PROUD of you! You have so much insight & I know you will be a GREAT Mommy--actually, you already are. You're right I would do all the same again and remember: Nothing done for your child(ren) is ever done in vain. I'm just lucky to have been very blessed w/ two very terrific kids! (I also had a good role model--thanks mom.)
Love ya'll!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger *s* said...

"I know you will be a GREAT Mommy"

Thanks Mom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home