Thursday, May 05, 2005

Yet Another Let Down

Well.... we did go try another Mexican restaurant tonight... the first one we looked at, Tony's friend recommended, but looked more like fast food and a bar, so we decided no.... We then drove to this one on Beach and SanPablo that we had already tried once before with friends, and it had been okay. But.... that one had about a hundred people waiting outside, and we were starving so we decided no on that one too.

Well, we kept going down Beach and then saw a sign for La Frontera Mexican Restaurant.... We decided to pull in and try it. Well, from the outside it seemed promising. It smelled good, and they even had signs home made with paper and magic marker (and in spanish too) (very promising). Through the window Tony noticed the plastic table cloths, and once inside, he noticed the decorations that reminded us of home. We were optimistic, really.

So we ordered, ate our chips with thin, runny barely hot salsa, and chatted until our waitress finally brought our food out. At the first sight of my enchilada, I just shook my head. No. No no no no! ugh.... the enchilada was nothing but flavorless meat in a white corn tortilla with a thin tomato sauce on it that tasted like the sauce in speghettios... my burrito was no better, the same meat in a flour tortilla with a ragu like paste on top! I kid you not! The rice was more white and tasteless than even I've ever managed to make it... and the beans? They were obviously straight out of a can. UGH! We were soooooo dissapointed! sigh.... oh well.... one more Mexican restaurant down.... won't be taking any family or friends to this one, wouldn't want to subject them to that torture.

So, I decided that tomorrow I am going to attempt making my mom's enchiladas.... I actually feel better about my past tries at cooking Mexican food now, after eating at that restaurant tonight. So hopefully it will turn out good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home