Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Hallway's Hole is Fixed

Yeah... There was a huge hole in our hallway. HUGE. Like six feet long and at least a foot high the whole way, except in one spot where it was three feet high. Why was it there? Well, last week, Tony and I were trying out our new washer and dryer (thanks dad), and all of a sudden a loud banging was at the front door (and it was already 10:30pm). Tony answered it, and it was the maintenance guy.

"Are ya'll doing laundry?" he asked. We answered yes... "Well, we have a flood in the two floors below you. Can I take a look?"

Of course we said yes, and he rushed over to the bathroom where the washer and dryer is. There was no water behind the washer or anything, so he said the leak must be in the wall. "Can you wait until Monday to do anymore laundry?" he asked. Sure.... yeah, no problem.... like we had a choice anyway... right?

Well, the plumber guy was supposed to come on Monday to fix it, but didn't end up making it til Tuesday (yesterday). He's the one that put the huge hole in the wall. Finally, we could do our laundry last night. Then today, two guys came and fixed the drywall (I think that's what it is?)... anyway, they fixed the hallway. Now, tomorrow someone's supposed to come paint it I guess. I'm just glad it's fixed.

***
So while they were doing that, I've been keeping myself busy working on our webpage and starting this new blog. Tony should be home from work in about an hour. I think we're going to put the car seat in the vue this afternoon. We've been meaning to do it for a few days now... I also need to put a bag together for our near future stay at the hospital. We had to buy a crib the other day. I had already bought one from a friend of a friend, but it ended up missing a few parts, and our baby's safety is not something we want to compromise. So we went ahead and bought a new one. We actually found a really good deal at the NEX, a neat little crib that will turn into a toddler bed, and then a small daybed for when she's ready for it.

We're getting so excited. We can't wait for Carlee to finally be HERE!!! She's already keeping us up at night. Last night she kept me awake by doing all kinds of kung fu moves in there, and in return I kept Tony up by tossing and turning, getting up a million times... I felt bad since he had to go to work this morning. But he keeps insisting it's okay, he's so sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home