Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Countdown To Carlee

Brooke Shields was on Oprah talking about her severe postpartum depression. I told Tony he could put in a movie or play one of his games, because if I watched it I'd probably start getting nervous about how I'm going to feel after Carlee gets here. So he did and now we're watching one of his new additions to his kung fu dvd collection.

I think we'll be fine after the baby gets here though. At least I hope so. I've been really lucky so far with the pregnancy, and I'm really grateful for that. Especially since Tony was deployed six months out of the whole pregnancy, and I didn't go home. I stayed here in Florida. The most sick I felt was only one day when I felt a little nauseous so I just ate some crackers and went back to bed, and was fine. Tony even said last night, "You know, you aren't very hormonal for being pregnant." I asked him if he was complaining, he laughed and said no.

I only recently started feeling really uncomfortable, and I'm already in my ninth month. The doctor said the baby could actually decide to arrive any day if she wanted to. And even though I feel fat once in a while, I that know what I've gained is a healthy amount. People keep telling me I make a "cute pregnant person." Is there such a thing? I definatley don't feel like it, lol... I think maybe people say that to try to make you feel better.

But I've stayed pretty active... Geocaching has helped a lot with that. Just last month we were out hiking and Tony was amazed I was able to do that. I'm ready for her to be here though. Ready for this big basketball of a belly to be gone, lol... Ready to be able to get out of bed and off the sofa without having to roll off. Ready to not get out of breath just by talking on the phone thanks to her weight pressing up against my lungs. Ready for her to stop kicking my ribs and doing somersaults inside of me. It feels so weird. But most of all I'm ready to finally meet her, to see what she's going to look like, what her personality is going to develop into, to share this experience with Tony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home