Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Man, that makes me miss home.... Miss my mom's enchiladas, and my grandma's carne guisada... yummmm..... home made tortillas, and making our tamales. There are no good Mexican restaurants around here... and we've tried a bunch of them, but they're nothing like home. But I'm sure we'll go try one more tonight, hoping it will be good.... probably won't be though.

It's been raining all morning... got up early to see Tony off to work, but he came home about an hour later. He and a coworker split the day so he just went back at 11:30. I can't believe it's already May 5th. We've lived here in Florida for a year already. I've been away from home for a year. Away from family for a whole year... wow. Tony said this morning it's been exactly a year today that he signed on to the Boone. When it was going, it was slow, but now that a year has passed, it seems like it went by fast. Does that make sense? I hope so.

I have a few things to do today, guess a rainy day is good for that. Fold towels, wash the baby's bedding, clean.... I'm sure I'll be writing more though, have to take a few breaks at least....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home