Saturday, January 07, 2006

St. Augustine

Yesterday we drove down to St. Augustine, the oldest city. It was so cool. I love it there.... beautiful buildings, right on the water, old timey feeling, cool shops, sightseeing... it's so awesome! Anyways, first we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not museum... and that was so cool. I'm easily amused, but even if I wasn't, I think I would still find it interesting. We saw a replica of the tallest man in the world, canibal eating utensils (yikes!) replica's of 6 legged cow, a rooster that lived for 18 months after being decapitated!, Elvis' hair, a huge ship made completely of Jade, matchstick art... Everything was so cool! and they had these hallways that you walked through, and there was a tunnel around you that spun... ugh, made us so dizzy! lol... I would definately go back. :)

After that, we walked to the beginning of our haunted ghost tour. It was sooo freakin awesome! We started out at this old hospital where the business is in the front room. We walked through the three other rooms. The first two nothing really happened... so I was starting to think it wasn't really real... then in the third room, the lady was giving her speech and the door opened about two inches!!! out of nowhere! and none of the other workers were out there! and nobody opened it from the inside either! So, I started to get a little freaked.

Then we all started taking pictures.... OMG! you should of seen what some people got on their cameras! You know on tv where they talk about those ribbon light things that are ghost energy? Well, a bunch of pictures kept showing them!!! I'm NOT kidding!!! And on others pictures there were a bunch of these little white orbs!!! We were all so excited!!! and the speaker was getting a little nervous too, she said there was hardly ever this much activity, but that it was probably because SciFi channel had been there earlier that day moving stuff around and testing the "hot spots" because they were going to be there the next day (today) for ten hours taping!!! and that the ghosts don't really like it when things are moved and/or changed!!!

So we were picking up a lot of activity on everyone's camera!!! Carlee started getting really fussy in that room too, so that freaked me out a little bit, because she was fine in the other two rooms, and fine again after we got outside! man! it was a rush... OH! and when we first got in that room, our camera batteries died out of nowhere, (and we had just charged them!) and as Tony was walking out of the room to get the extra spare set, a lady out there said, "That room drains batteries." Is that FREAKY or what!?!

This room was so scary... It had beds that the patients used to stay in.... actual hospital utensils they used to use back then... with no anesthetic OUCH! I can see why those spirits would stay there... man! it was all so scary....

after that we took a tour through part of the town... past by a haunted restraunt, and by two cemetaries. The first cemetary, I got a picture that there looks like there's a face in the tree trunk! I was excited because that was about the only good pic I got. We also got to hear a bunch of stories about the town, and one about the founder (his 2nd wife haunts one of the dorm rooms of a college there.) Man, it was soooooo awesome, and soooo much fun. I would go back and take the tour again in a heartbeat!

**Well, I was going to add pics, but Blogger.com is NOT working with me tonight! UGH!!!**

2 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

How coooool! Out here in Vegas there isn't a lot of really haunted places. They keep tearing all the old places down! I went to a party once in Bugsy Segal's suite at the Flamingo, I heard it was haunted but sure didn't pick anything up (they've since torn it down, too). I love haunted stories. How exciting!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger *s* said...

It was!! I loved it. We're thinking about going back again with some friends :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home