Friday, July 29, 2005

3:30 a.m.

Carlee started to cry softly. It wasn't a mad cry, more like something woke her up, and she didn't like it. I reached over and rocked the bassinet a little. Usually, if she's not hungry, she falls right back to sleep.

I try not to pick her up right away because "The Book" says usually, they aren't even awake every time they cry, and if you pick them up, they wake up completely. I have found this to be true with Carlee, if I pick her up, it takes at least 30 to 40 minutes to get her to sleep again...

Well, the gentle rocking wasn't calming her, and the cries were getting a little louder and more frustrated. I sat up to pick her up, and out of nowhere Tony said, "Here, let me have her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, come here my little girl." So I handed her over, and laid down. Well, she kept crying. Whatever he was trying wasn't working.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Her cries got louder and more mad. "Tony, what's wrong?" I asked a couple of more times. No answer. I opened my eyes. Tony was peacefully sleeping, nice and warm, oblivious to the baby who was crying behind me in the bassinet still.

"Oh, that's what's wrong," I said as I laughed at my exhausted self and picked Carlee up to calm her.

5 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

Hope she didn't keep you up too long :) We got really lucky - Madison slept 6-7 hours at a time overnight really early. We swaddled her, and I think that's what did the trick for her. If she did cry, she usually got back to sleep by herself within a few minutes. I did have a few of those nights where I felt like I hadn't been to sleep at all... so hopefully you got a nap today when she did!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger alexis said...

thanks for reading my blog, if you dont remember, its http://stationwagondiaries.blogspot.com/
I have a question since I'm a french canadian, and my english is not that good, what's a cache? geocaching? first time I heard about that.
thanks

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger *s* said...

alexis-
hey! hope your trip is going well! Geocaching is a relatively new hobby that I am addicted to. lol..

Basically, people hide containers all over the world (a cache). Then they put the coordinates for that container online, so that others can find them using a gps. Once you find the container, you sign a log to document your visit, and alot of the times the containers have trinkets/toys/small trade items so you can take something and leave something behind. The website is: www.geocaching.com

It's a neat hobby if you like being outdoors, hiking, technology/gadgets, etc. It's a lot of fun. I'm jealous of your road trip, if I could take one, I'd geocache in every state I cross!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger *s* said...

loraloo-
ahh. swaddling, yeah, we tried that. it worked when she was still a newborn, but once she figured out how to kick her legs it put an end to that, because she always kicked her way out of it, lol...

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

Thanks for that answer about geocaching, I was confused myself... I browsed a few websites on it but never found it "defined". LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home