Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It was GREAT!

I'm so excited!!! my first class was last night. first of all, it felt great to just get out of the house, no baby to worry about, no chores to worry about.... just me, and learning a new hobby... I got to the classroom early, so I decided to walk around Michaels for a little bit. Found a few books for Carlee (okay... so she was on my mind, lol... it felt wierd.) Got an employee to let me buy a coke from the break room (I needed the caffeine...) then headed back to the class.

By then, there was about 3/4 of the people there. We had a HUGE class. We introduced ourselves and then started the learning. Well, for the first class, we mainly went over what our supplies were and some we needed to buy still, how to make the frosting, different consistencies of the frosting, etc. And also what we were going to learn. She showed us really quick, and I can't tell you how fun and awesome this looks to do! I'm so excited. I'm hoping I don't let myself get frustrated. I really want to learn this.

After class, the teacher took us down the cake isle and we got help getting the rest of the supplies we needed. So this weekend, I have to bake a cake, tort (sp?) it, and ice it. And we're going to learn some flowers next week I think, and even start on the rose!!! Can you tell I'm excited? lol.... I'll take pics of my work even if it's not so good at first, lol, just to show you what we're learning.

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger LoraLoo said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed some being-around-adults time. :)

Can't wait to see some pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home